bits + pieces
Happy Friday! Nothing exciting over here but here is a roundup of what didn't get blogged about this week. Above is our kitchen table centerpiece - The owl is from HomeSense, the miniature pumpkin was given to Oscar by his friends at the florist and the bat I cut out and Oscar taped onto pipe cleaners. The pipe cleaners make the bat "bouncy" so they float around when Oscar runs around with them in his hands. Totally a spur of the moment idea that gave Oscar hours of entertainment. Score. We also cut out pumpkin silhouettes from Orange paper and taped them onto Popsicle sticks (not shown) and had a puppet show. Totally simple but ridiculously fun for an hour. Ps., The bat did have google eyes on him but Oscar pulled them off.
- Don't forget to grab a custom rubber stamp at 15% off
- I spotted Christmas decorations out at Target here in Canada - I know that some people get miffed about how soon things come out but I think it's not that bad to see things trickle in. Ps., After dropping Oscar off at preschool today I ran into my local Target to go to Starbucks to get a coffee and noticed that Halloween is 50% off.
- I think I want to make this garland for Christmas this year
- Oscar and I may go to the Beach today after preschool to collect rocks to do this
- We're going for a simpler Christmas this year with gifts so I've been on the lookout for some DIY gifts I could make. Any recommendations?
- The bathroom is done. Reveal next week! You may have seen some sneak peek's on in Instagram feed. ;)
- Our neighbours kindly let us borrow their outdoor firepit and we roasted marshmallows and did sparklers in our laneway this week. I love the firepit and am on the lookout for one that is reasonable. The kids had SO much fun.
That's it! Have a great weekend. I'm off to pick up the little guy from school.